Live Theatre Week is just around the corner! From Oct 12-18th, tons of theatres in the Northwest are participating in extra shows, discount shows, workshops, and behind the scenes tours and talks! It all culminates on Oct 15th, the FREE Night of Theatre!
This is a really great thing, everyone– not only are they reminding us all what varied, fantastic theatre art and artists we have in our communities, but Live Theatre Week and Free Night of Theatre are designed to invite NEW theatre goers into the audiences. In fact, many of the events actually extend for the entire month–and you really can fill a lot of nights with great theatre.
Here’s a very small sampling of the shows you can see for FREE this year:
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (5th Ave)
- Alfred Hitchcock’s 39 Steps (Seattle Repertory Theatre)
- Obama on my Mind (Langston Hughes Performing Arts Center)
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (Seattle Children’s Theatre)
- As you like It (Harlequin Productions)
- HP Lovecraft’s Madness Out of Time (Open Circle Theatre)
- Abe Lincoln in Illinois (Intiman Theatre)
- Titus Andronicus (Greenstage)
- Shorts (Artattack Theater Enemble)
- Little Red Studio: The Gold Show (Little Red Studio)
- Once on This Island (Studio East)
- Anansi and the Sleeping Stone (The Moonpaper Tent)
- Psycho Beach Party (Burien Little Theatre)
- Harvey (Secondstory Rep)
- Bone Portraits (Live Girls!)
- Emma (Book-It Repertory Theatre)
- Chasing Nicolette Village Theatre
Ready to see some theatre now?
Visit seattleperforms.com to see everything that’s happening and to make your ticket reservations online (Ticket reservations begin Oct 5th).